Baron Robert I De Courcy
- Born: 1005-1006, Courcy, Ardennes, France
- Marriage: Hebria de Bernieres in 1031 in Normandy, France
- Died: After 1058
Other names for Robert were Robert De Courci and Robert De Courcie.
3rd son of Baldric the Teuton.
BIrth date approximate; mother is not clear as conflicts exist.
Robert, the third of these six sons and two daughters of Lord Balderic, assumed the name of 'de Courci' (sometimes Courcie our Courcy) from his inheritance of Courci-sur-Dive, and transmitted it to his immediate descendants; all the other sons assumed surnames similarly derived from their particular properties or the place of their birth.
Landholdings could have been acquired:
1) from father Baldric and De Brionne mother
2) as dowry from Bernieres family
3) as grant directly from Brionne/Eu counts or on direction of Duke William III.
4) all of the above over time
Robert married Hebria de Bernieres, daughter of Unknown and Unknown, in 1031 in Normandy, France. (Hebria de Bernieres was born in 1010 in Normandy, France.)